My First VIPKID Prop Purchase!

September 19, 2017

(Well, besides a couple whiteboards I bought during the hiring process...)

Last week I got my first VIPKID paycheck, and though it was small (I only taught a couple classes in August) I immediately ordered my first batch of classroom goodies!! 😁😁 

(Spending my paycheck on supplies... yep, I'm a teacher now!) 


I was so excited to use this Magnetic Silly Animals book ($10) for the first time today! And, of course, it was my first day of only having older students! 😒 I thought this might be too childish for them, but I just went with it, and they got a kick out of it! 😅👍

The pages are magnetic and cardboard, so I used box cutters to cut our each page so I could show it to the camera easier. I know we should have our rewards system visible at all times, so I need to find the best way to do that ASAP. I'll probably do something along the lines of a string/ribbon on the top corners of each page and a nail in the wall behind me to hang them on. That way it's also easy to grab it and bring it closer to the webcam when it's time for a new face-part.


The Amazon fairies also brought me some Revlon Red 'nail enamel' (lol @ $4 nail polish trying to sound fancy. 😉). It's been so many years since I've painted my nails, it feels both weird and so... well, er, okay, yes... fancy! 😆I point to my bright red lips so often every class... I don't know, my brain just kept thinking it was weird that my fingers didn't match?? Now I have bright red fingertips to point out my bright red lips, and letters, and pictures, and whatever I'm doing on the whiteboard at the moment, etc. That plus this garish orange sweater I wear everyday... I AM NOW A LIVING BEACON FOR CHILDREN'S VISUAL ATTENTION! Hopefully! 😉😄

The best part is: webcams aren't good enough (or perhaps the VIPKID video window is small enough) where the students can't really tell that the paint is already chipped after 1 day (because of course it is). 😅  I guess I should have bought a topcoat, too! But I don't remember that actually making much of a difference back when I wore nail polish more frequently. I am more clumsy and prone to smashing my fingers/hands/entire body into anything I come near than most people, though.

And finally: EMOJIIIIIIS!!! I have had a blogs on and off for most of my life now (#millennial) but when they have been public I've always tried to write so ~*professionally.*~ It is so not my style, so it was hard to keep up the blogs. So now I'm just writing how I talk, so hopefully I'll stick with it- because I do want to record and share my VIPKID adventures! And part of that is, apparently, using excessive emojis! 😁😁🙊😅 I don't even think they were available last time I tried to be a regular blogger. I've been giggling every time I put one of them in here, because it feels so naughty! Like adding a smiley face to a term paper! 😲😱😈😅😅😁

.... It miiiiiiiight take me a while to calm down with these things, so I apologize in advance. 😉 It may look like I'm a 13 year old girl with her first cell phone, but I promise.... I really am a grown up! 💁 Technically, at least. 😜😀


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Chinese Basics for VIPKID Teachers: Pinyin, Consonant Pronunciation

For the most part, it's easy. There's no real tricks or absurdity like there are when trying to read English! However, you do need t...

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images